23 August 2012

Welcome Back!

I'm so excited to be starting my fifth year here at Love T. Nolan! I must say, the 2012 - 13 school year is off to a great start and I've got lots of ideas swirling around in this red-topped head.

Now, before your students start bringing home their masterpieces--or if you're one of the lucky parents whose kids are already at-home artists--I thought I'd introduce you to a great blog:  The Artful Parent. I especially like the post about talking to your kids about their artwork here.


I know sometimes it can be kind of tricky to tell exactly what your child is creating, especially the littlest ones; even I have to ask students to, "tell me about your project," every once in a while. Hopefully, this article will help keep your mini-artist's self confidence high as can be!

Don't forget Open House will be held Monday, August 27th for kindergarten through 2nd grades and Tuesday, August 28th for 3rd through 5th grades beginning at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to stop by the art room to say hi and scan our blog's QR code!

No comments:

Post a Comment