16 February 2012

Zobop

I have a fifth grade student channeling some really amazing artists--Jim Lambie's work in particular. She brought me a flash drive this afternoon and showed me a piece she made in Microsoft Paint. I was blown away! And immediately thought of a video I saw recently of the Zobop installation process.

Illusination by fifth grade student Rosa Enriquez

A video of Jim Lambie's Zobop being installed at the
Bass Museum of Art in Miami, Florida.

Zobop at Transmission Gallery, Glasgow by Jim Lambie; 2000.

I was so excited by the opportunity to introduce her to work by the likes of Frank Stella, Bridget Riley, and Piet Mondrian.

Harran II by Frank Stella; 1967.

Damascus Gate II by Frank Stella; 1968.

Firuzabad by Frank Stella; 1970.


RA 2 by Bridget Riley; 1981.


High Sky 2 by Bridget Riley; 1992.

Carnival by Bridget Riley; 2000.


Tableau I by Piet Mondrian

Composition with Grey and Light Brown
by Piet Mondrian; 1918.

Composition No. II by Piet Mondrian.

I still remember being completely wowed by Vincent van Gogh and Salvador Dali as a kid and using them as inspiration for years to come. Hopefully, she found a new favorite artist today!

No comments:

Post a Comment